Monday, July 9, 2012

Bergamo


Today we went to a small village called Bergamo. At least it was small years ago. Now it seems that there are many tourists there, and many of the shops that line the streets cater to them. The town is actually rather big now, having extended well beyond the walls that protected the city when Venice ruled the region. This means that there are many hills to walk up and valleys to walk down if you choose to walk a bit beyond the tourist center. Of course, there were interesting churches and small, charming streets to walk down. I take many photos because I hope to study the architecture a bit closer, and hopefully design better environments for films and games. Many of the details that I have seen will help me create better illustrations, models, and such.



It so happens that the family of my kind host is from Bergamo, or at least had set up roots here. He told me a story about how the family was originally from Sardina, but sometime in the early 1900s they moved to Bergamo for the healthier climate, as recommended by a doctor in regards to a sickly aunt or other family member. 


No comments:

Post a Comment